The Columbia Chamber of Commerce is looking for individuals who want to make an impact on Columbia. We want team players who are innovative, passionate, accountable, and willing to provide for the needs and desires of the business community of Columbia. Open positions, when available, will be listed below.
Director of Membership
JOB TITLE: Director of Membership
ORGANIZATION: Columbia Chamber of Commerce
REPORTS TO: Columbia Chamber of Commerce President and CEO
ABOUT THE CHAMBER: The Mission of the Columbia Chamber of Commerce is to lead our community, drive commerce in our region and advance community and regional collaborations, thereby enhancing the quality of where we live, learn, work and play.
The Columbia Chamber of Commerce works as a Convener of Inclusive Collaboration, Champion for Business and Catalyst for a Thriving Community. We strive to foster an environment that welcomes diverse voices on initiatives to serve the entire community best. We observe the Principles of Community within our organization.
SCOPE OF WORK: The Director of Membership will oversee the retention of members, the onboarding of new members, conversion of current members, program sponsorships and the overall member experience. The Director of Membership will also coordinate and work with the Membership Committee, program sponsorship volunteers/staff and other committees as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Retain current members for the Chamber and achieve budgeted membership goals.
- Assist Director of Marketing and Communications with development of appropriate sales material that will enhance the recruitment effort.
- Enter member information into the Chamber’s membership database system in cooperation with Chamber staff members
- Maintain proper records of prospective members.
- Identify specific industries or business categories monthly to target.
- Attend Chamber activities as schedule allow for maximum visibility of position.
- Coordinate New Member Welcomes and Chamber 101 Meetings.
- Prepare Membership Reports for the monthly Board of Directors meeting.
- Administer and manage the Chamber Ambassador program.
- Administer and manage the Membership Committee.
- Work with staff members to identify and sale specific and unsold sponsorships for Chamber programs and events.
- Continue and enhance the New Member Onboarding process to nurture and retain new members
- Oversee the “concierge service” for our tiered dues members.
- Work to convert current members to higher dues tier/level
- Prepare commission reports monthly
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President.
LIMITATIONS ON MONETARY AUTHORITY: The Director of Membership has no power to spend or commit to spend without prior approval of the President.
CONTACTS: The Director of Membership will have frequent contact with prospective and current members of the Chamber. In addition, continual contact with other staff members is important for a smooth-running operation.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Director of Membership is accountable to the President/CEO.
QUALIFICATIONS: The individual serving as the Director of Membership needs to possess interpersonal skills needed to function well with staff and volunteers. A sales and/or relationship development background preferred.
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to Vice President of External Affairs Lily White at [email protected].