The Columbia Chamber of Commerce is looking for individuals who want to make an impact on Columbia. We want team players who are innovative, passionate, accountable and willing to provide the needs and desires to the business community of Columbia.
Qualified candidates interested in being considered for available positions will need to fill out the online application (orange button at bottom of page) and separately submit a resume and cover letter. Specific details will be listed with the particular opening.
Director of Women’s Network
JOB TITLE: Director of Women’s Network
ORGANIZATION: Columbia Chamber of Commerce
REPORTS TO: Columbia Chamber of Commerce President
ABOUT THE CHAMBER: The Mission of the Columbia Chamber of Commerce is to lead our community, drive commerce in our region, and advance community and regional collaborations, thereby enhancing the quality of where we live, learn, work and play.
The Columbia Chamber of Commerce works as a Convener of Inclusive Collaboration, Champion for Business and Catalyst for a Thriving Community. We strive to foster an environment that welcomes diverse voices on initiatives to serve the entire community best. We observe the Principles of Community within our organization.
SCOPE OF POSITION: Women’s Network is a Division of the Columbia Chamber of Commerce. The Director of Women’s Network coordinates and carries out all aspects of the Women’s Network Division: its committees, programs, events and projects. The Division has between 400-425 members. As a representative of the Columbia Chamber of Commerce, this role is an essential component in delivering of value to members.
The Mission of Women’s Network is to Connect, Empower and Engage members through leadership development, educational opportunities, and innovative outreach. The Women’s Network strategic plan priorities are:
- Empower and develop members to embrace leadership opportunities inside and outside of Women’s Network.
- Provide interactive programs focused on the core mission of Women’s Network while ensuring educational opportunities for members.
- Provide communication mediums to engage members.
- Encourage Women’s Network members to promote innovative thinking and embrace opportunities for positive change.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all Women’s Network functions.
- Work with committee volunteers, vendors, venues, sponsors and speakers to coordinate all Women’s Network events and programs.
- Communicate Women’s Network information with the Columbia Chamber of Commerce team.
- Work in conjunction with the Women’s Network Chair.
- Be the contact person for the Women’s Network membership: be reachable by phone, email and in person to deliver services.
- Provide new member onboarding.
- Provide orientation and training to Women’s Network Leadership.
- Handle correspondence with Women’s Network committee chairs and steering committee: Send meeting packets in advance to meetings and scripts/program materials in advance for events.
- Maintain accurate Women’s Network membership data and keep the online membership directory up to date.
- Coordinate, attend, and take notes at all Women’s Network meetings.
- Coordinate and send Women’s Network monthly newsletter.
- Management and maintenance of the Women’s Network website.
- Posting updates to Women’s Network social media including marketing of upcoming programs and events. Social Media outlets include, but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Be proficient in ChamberMaster, the database for the Columbia Chamber of Commerce.
- Fiduciary Responsibilities: Be the primary staff responsible for the Women’s Network annual budget creation and regular monitoring of income and expenses; generate, send and track invoices for sponsorships, events and Women’s Network membership dues; and work closely with Women’s Network Treasurer and the Chamber Director of Operations.
- Submit expenses for payment in a timely manner (within 5 days of receipt) to the Chamber Director of Operations.
- Create or request proposals of Women’s Network marketing materials, work with the Women’s Network Marketing Committee as well as the Chamber’s Director of Communications and Marketing to promote Women’s Network brand and events.
- Build and maintain effective, ongoing relationships with the Women’s Network membership.
- Monitor Women’s Network supplies and inventory.
- Support the Chamber organization, including event and program attendance, participation in internal meetings and planning and by assisting members.
- The individual holding this position should have a bachelor’s degree or similar (years of experience may be substituted for degree).
- Possess general computer and design skills
- Have a strong work ethic and be willing to take initiative on projects, when necessary
- Experience with program management and event coordination.
- Being team-minded is essential for this position and all positions within the Chamber.
- Interpersonal skills that enable a person to interact with staff and volunteers in a positive manner.
- Local travel, generally within Boone County.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Event set-up and clean-up.
- Preference for experience with volunteer and Board management
- Frequently transports event materials with the need to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to attend events outside of the 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. day (before and after)
- The Columbia Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer.