The Columbia Chamber of Commerce is looking for individuals who want to make an impact on Columbia. We want team players who are innovative, passionate, accountable and willing to provide the needs and desires to the business community of Columbia.
Qualified candidates interested in being considered for available positions will need to fill out the online application (orange button at bottom of page) and separately submit a resume and cover letter. Specific details will be listed with the particular opening.
The Chamber is currently searching for a Vice President of Workforce Development. You can read and download the full job listing here.
The Vice President of Workforce Development is responsible for the development and management of the Chamber’s workforce development program which represents the collective best interest of the chamber membership and the business community. The position involves working with membership and regional partners to develop strategies to implement, develop relationships with strategic education and workforce partners in all levels and develop and implement programmatic partnerships that further the Chamber’s goals. As a representative of the Columbia Chamber of Commerce, this role is an essential component in delivering value to members.
The mission of the Columbia Chamber of Commerce is to lead our community, drive commerce in our region, and advance community and regional collaborations, thereby enhancing the quality of where we live, learn, work and play.
The Columbia Chamber of Commerce works as a Convener of Inclusive Collaboration, Champion for Business and Catalyst for a Thriving Community. We strive to foster an environment that welcomes diverse voices on initiatives to serve the entire community best. We observe the Principles of Community within our organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research workforce statistics by industry and individuals.
- Collaborate with other workforce development programs, included but not limited to: public, private, education, nonprofit and state.
- Provides management oversight to the programs and partnerships in the workforce area that achieve the Chamber’s goals for a talented workforce pipeline.
- Oversees the strategic direction, allocation of time and commitment of resources.
- Plan, direct and evaluate the operations of the Workforce Development division, including formulating and implementing short and long-term goals and objectives.
- Design and administer workforce development programs.
- Helps secure community partners and support.
- Identify funding sources, establish strategies to approach funders and submit proposals.
- Exercise budgetary control over the Workforce Development division.
- Directs communication with partner schools, businesses and organizations involving workforce development activities.
- Conduct workforce-related outreach to key stakeholders with emphasis on increasing the scope, breadth and diversity of participation.
- Support the Chamber organization, including event and program attendance, participation in internal meetings and planning and by assisting members.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- The individual holding this position should have a bachelor’s degree or similar (years of experience may be substituted for degree).
- Must have understanding of workforce development with 5+ years of experience in workforce development and/or program, department or grant management.
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and make decisions necessary to achieve success in assigned areas.
- Possess general computer, organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent communication and writing skills required.
- Have a strong work ethic and be willing to take initiative on projects.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to complete projects under limited supervision and direction.
- Experience with program management and event coordination.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with staff, volunteers, Chamber members and the general public.
- Being team-minded is essential for this position and all positions within the Chamber.
- Occasional travel and events outside normal workday required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Frequently transports materials with the need to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must pass pre-employment background check.
- The Columbia Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer.