The Columbia Chamber of Commerce is looking for individuals who want to make an impact on Columbia. We want team players who are innovative, passionate, accountable, and willing to provide for the needs and desires of the business community of Columbia. Open positions, when available, will be listed below.
JOB TITLE: Director of Communications & Marketing
ORGANIZATION: Columbia Chamber of Commerce
REPORTS TO: Columbia Chamber of Commerce Vice President of External Affairs
ABOUT THE CHAMBER: The mission of the Columbia Chamber of Commerce is to lead our community, drive commerce in our region, and advance community and regional collaborations, thereby enhancing the quality of where we live, learn, work and play.
The Columbia Chamber of Commerce works as a Convener of Inclusive Collaboration, Champion for Business and Catalyst for a Thriving Community. We strive to foster an environment that welcomes diverse voices on initiatives to serve the entire community best. We observe the Principles of Community within our organization.
SCOPE OF POSITION: The Director of Communications and Marketing leads an ambitious program to accomplish the mission of our organization. Work includes integration and implementation of a broad range of marketing, public relations and communication activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the organization and its leadership. As a representative of the Columbia Chamber of Commerce this role is an essential component in delivering value to members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Update, implement and manage Chamber’s Strategic Communication Plan.
· Produce the Annual Report, Legislative Priorities and other annual documents as required.
· Ensure the style guide is adhered to for all Chamber marketing and publications.
· Manage video productions for events and marketing purposes.
· Assist in developing and designing marketing materials by providing graphic design for brochures, fliers, invitations, programs, etc.
· Supports events with staffing of event, and taking photos and/or videos.
· Gather, develop and edit materials for weekly Activities Calendar sent to membership.
· Gather, develop and edit materials for monthly Chamber Newsletter.
· Manage social media networks including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and other adopted platforms. Develop standards for language to use when posting different photos/events.
· Create content for Chamber vlog. Post on a regular basis to show the Chamber as a trusted source on business issues and to showcase the positive impact of business in Columbia.
· Manage and be the primary contact for the Chamber website.
· Manage opportunities for member advertisement with the Chamber, such as newsletter, lobby television, member digital package and web advertising opportunities, including scheduling, design and submissions.
· Manage paid and unpaid (earned) advertising for the Chamber.
· Handle oversight of contracts and advertising for Chamber directory/resource guide and map.
· Develop detailed plan to create and release timely press releases throughout the year.
· Establish contacts with media representatives. Create media advisories and press releases for all major events, programs and initiatives with input from appropriate staff. Submit releases to all appropriate media outlets.
· Compile media mentions to be shared with leadership.
· Handle media requests for Chamber President and Vice Presidents and conduct student reporter interviews.
· Assist with remarks, written communication and support letters for the organization and President by crafting and editing on as-needed basis.
· Develop policies and procedures, as needed, related to communication standards.
· Manage internal print needs (letterhead, envelopes and business cards).
· Other duties as assigned.
· Consider diverse opinions and incorporate them into the decision-making process.
· Brand marketing and communication.
· Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously and work independently.
· Ability to succeed in a team environment and work collaboratively for a shared vision.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as extraordinary attention to detail.
· Current knowledge of digital communications techniques, social media engagement and content promotion.
· High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe, WordPress, InDesign, Illustrator, database management, web content management systems and video production tools.
· Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with staff, volunteers, Chamber members and the general public.
· Occasional travel and events outside normal workday required.
· Must have reliable transportation.
· Frequently transports materials with the need to lift up to 50 pounds.
The Columbia Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected].