- The Central Bank of Boone County Lobby Gallery, located inside the Downtown Bank at 8th and Broadway, features the works of Tony St. Romaine through Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2019. The Lobby Gallery is free and open to the public Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, 9 a.m. to noon.
- More than 170 teams from throughout Missouri competed in the Show-Me STATE GAMES 3v3 Soccerfest. Around 2,000 competitors and spectators came together at Hickman High School on November 17 for the competition.
- Boone County Government announced that more than 135,200 property tax statements, licenses, and special assessments totaling more than $207 million for 2018 were mailed to Boone County taxpayers. Taxpayers should contact the collector’s office with any issues so that they may be resolved efficiently and effectively before the December 31 due date. The collector’s office encourages all taxpayers to pay early. Taxpayers are reminded to contact the collector’s office if they have not received their tax statements by December 1. Failure to receive a bill does not relieve the obligation to pay the taxes due, and any applicable late charges that may apply.
- The Business Loop Community Improvement District received a grant to identify and support up-and-coming small makers and manufacturers with expert mentoring, funding, and marketing assistance—with the ultimate goal of helping them locate on the Business Loop. The first step is talking to people to see what type of support they need to open or expand a business. It also doesn’t matter if you’re located on the Business Loop or somewhere else. Contact the Business Loop CID at [email protected], (573) 443-5667. For more details, visit www.comomakes.com and click on Makers Registry to sign up.
- Old Kinderhook would like to visit its Christmas Village which is open every weekend through Christmas. There will be many family-friendly activities like horse-drawn carriage rides, gingerbread house decorating, elf storytelling and more. It’s open to the public. You can see more information at www.oldkinderhook.com.
- The practice of local ear, nose and throat specialist David Mechlin, MD, has affiliated with University of Missouri Health Care. The collaboration follows the recent affiliation of two local ENT providers, Gregory Campbell, MD, and Elizabeth ‘Susie’ Early, MD. MU Health Care is home to more than 600 university physicians, including 17 ear, nose and throat providers.
- Over the past year, the Alzheimer’s Association in Columbia has seen an uptick in the number of individuals and families utilizing its programs and services. To continue to meet the needs of these current clients and also to reach and serve even more area residents, the Association is moving its Columbia office to 2609 E. Broadway, Suite 119, Columbia MO 65201 where they will have space to host support groups and small audience education classes, and also contains private offices for one-on-one care planning meetings with families. Also, the Association plans to hold a ribbon cutting ceremony and open house in early January.
AWARDS, PROMOTIONS AND NEW HIRES
- INCOMPAS, an association of competitive telecommunications providers, has elected Carson Coffman to join its board of directors. Coffman, Socket president and co-owner, will draw on nearly 20 years of experience to help other telecommunications companies throughout the country by advocating for competition policy across all networks.
- Central Bank of Boone County presented Hamilton Trinidad with the Presidential Caring Award and Jalen Mahaney Employee of the Year Award for 2018. The Presidential Caring Award recognizes the caring and kindness of CBBC employees.
- Boone County Government announces that Live Well by Faith, a program of the Columbia/Boone County Department of Public Health and Human Services (PHHS), has earned the Missouri Association of Counties (MAC) County Achievement Award for 2018. The award will be presented today at the MAC Annual Conference in Osage Beach, MO. The County Achievement Award recognizes county programs that are innovative, unique and easily replicable.
- Congratulations to EquipmentShare for winning the Fast Track Award at the 2018 Missouri Business Awards.
- Central Bank of Boone County has named Jason Morgan assistant vice president, facilities management, and assistant security officer. In this role, Morgan will continue leading the facilities management department as well as responsibility for ensuring employees, customers, buildings, and assets are protected.
- University of Missouri Health Care has been recognized for the eighth consecutive year as one of the nation’s “Most Wired” health systems, according to the 2018 Most Wired survey. The survey results were released Nov. 2 by the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME).
- Central Bank of Boone County has named Charlie Lay assistant manager of the West Broadway Bank. In this role, Lay is responsible for problem-solving, customer service, and day to day operations of the branch. He previously served as a financial associate.
- The holiday season is here and the Voluntary Action Center is making final preparations for its annual Holiday Program. For 35 years, VAC has matched families in need with individuals, families, businesses, and groups who wish to sponsor them for the Holidays. This year, VAC will serve over 950 households, helping them to enjoy holiday meals and gifts thanks to the kindness and generosity shown by their sponsors. Volunteers are also needed to help with gift collection and distribution on December 3, 4, 6, 10, 11, and 13. Also, more than 150 families with children remain to be adopted for this year. For more information or to sign up online, please visit VAC’s website at www.vacmo.org.