Member News is a monthly blog post dedicated to sharing Chamber members’ upcoming events or major news. If you have something to share, email the Chamber’s Director of Communications and Marketing, Caitlin Ferguson, at [email protected].
N.H. Scheppers Distributing Company is pleased to announce an expansion of our partnership with Jefferson City’s Last Flight Brewing Company to distribute Last Flight’s craft beers to additional counties in Central Missouri, including Last Flight’s home county – Cole County!
The distribution partnership has expanded to include Boone, Cole, Callaway and Osage counties.
Opened in March of 2021 in the heart of Jefferson City, Last Flight Brewing Company has quickly established itself a destination for great beers and a fantastic atmosphere to spend time with friends. “We’re thrilled to expand our partnership with Last Flight and to be able to bring their exceptional beers to many more Missourians,” according to Joe Priesmeyer, President of Scheppers Distributing. “This is a perfect partnership between two locally owned family businesses. They’re really good people who make really great beers and Scheppers is proud to help them with their mission.”
In additional to a rotating lineup of seasonal offerings, Last Flight is making some of their most popular beers available outside of their taproom! Those include:
Jeff City Lager (5.1% ABV, 10 IBU) Light and crisp American Lager.
Schwarzbier (6.8% ABV, 22 IBU) Dark and roasted flavors with lager crispness.
Raspberry Sour (4.7% ABV, 11 IBU) “Tart” is the best word to describe this light, fruited kettle sour.
Toad Strangler IPA (7.6% ABV, 43 IBU) Midwest IPA.
Blueberry Wheat (5.0% ABV, 17 IBU) American Wheat Style Ale.
N.H. Scheppers Distributing Company, founded in 1950, has become Central Missouri’s premier beverage distributor. Scheppers Distributing has set the standard for beverage distribution in Mid-Missouri, operating 12 delivery routes and warehouse facilities in Columbia, Jefferson City to ensure prompt delivery and consistent availability of the freshest products in the industry for our customers.
GQT Movies is excited to announce its 2022 Holiday Gift Guide!
Gift Card Bonus Bucks
From October 31st through December 24th, every $25 in GQT Movies Gift Cards purchased will earn $5 in preloaded concession bucks to use for yourself or to give to your friends, loved ones, or colleagues.
2023 Golden Bucket
The Golden Bucket is back! For $23.95, you can gift a commemorative bucket that provides a year full of $2.50 popcorn refills to the person you choose. Each Golden Bucket gift also comes with a redeemable card for a free refill! The Golden Bucket also enables the owner to redeem free popcorn on special occasions throughout the year at GQT Movies. The Golden Bucket is an excellent gift for the popcorn lovers in your life!
Business owners, listen up! VIP Cards offer discounted tickets for your employees or customers. Each VIP card can be loaded with your choice of either tickets or concessions for your employees or customers. VIP Cards can be purchased in amounts of 25 and up. We also offer premium VIP Cards with your company’s logo as well. “The VIP movie passes are given to our employees for their birthdays, on-site team member events, and for a job well done. We order every month!” says Rene from Par-A-Dice Hotel Casino about our VIP Cards.
With our 2022 Holiday Gifts, we’ve made it easier than ever to gift the experience of the movies at GQT!
And as always, GQT Movies encourages you to join our Rewards program to earn valuable points and receive special offers!
That’s What She Said Columbia announces first CoMo performance in April 2023
Saturday, April 15, 2023, 7 p.m. at the Missouri Theatre
What You Need to Know
- That’s What She Said (TWSS) is a live, annual performance featuring 10 local women sharing personal stories. Our core belief is that everyone has a story and that women’s voices matter. TWSS provides a platform for the stories that need to be told (and heard).
- TWSS events are supported by The She Said Project, a community – online and in person – that empowers women and teen girls to be bold and celebrate who they are.
- By cultivating relationships with speakers, sponsors, nonprofit organizations, and supporters, TWSS strengthens communities and empowers women.
- TWSS started in Champaign-Urbana, Illinois in 2013. TWSS shows have recently expanded into other communities, including: St. Louis, MO; Bloomington-Normal, IL; Peoria, IL; and Allentown, PA. New communities across the country are expected to launch shows in 2023, including right here in Columbia, MO!
- Each story shared on a TWSS stage is featured on The She Said Project’s YouTube channel in our growing library of women’s stories. TWSS stories are considered for re-broadcast on The She Said Project Podcast, sharing women’s stories across the globe for greater impact.
- Every TWSS production partners with a local nonprofit. 25% of the net ticket sale revenue for the 2023 production of That’s What She Said Columbia will go back to True North of Columbia, an emergency shelter, counseling, and advocacy service agency for victims and survivors of intimate partner and sexual violence.
Join the Movement
We are building a team of local supporters and sponsors to help us create an annual event to celebrate and empower the women of Columbia, MO!
- Do you have a business that would benefit from being in front of an audience of hundreds of local women? Consider becoming a sponsor!
- Do you or someone you know have a great story that needs to be heard? We want to know!
- Like us on Facebook @SheSaidCOMO for updates leading up to the show.
For more information, contact Allie Teagarden, Regional Producing Partner, at (785) 220-4556 or [email protected].