- University of Missouri College of Engineering Spring Career Fair scheduled for Feb. 12,
2019from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. at MizzouRec (1000 East Rollins Street, Columbia, MO 65211). For those who have not yet registered, we sincerely hope you will join us not only for the fair,but for the many events that surround it during the week of Feb. 11-15. Approximately 800 students are eagerly waiting to meet you and explore employment and internship possibilities with you, and space is filling up. All of this information – and more – is found on hiremizzoutigers.com (https://app.joinhandshake.com/career_fairs/8253/employer_preview). Please call us at 573-884-1907 or email us at [email protected].
- What do Chamber members Atkins, Bob McCosh, Columbia Mall, Jimmy Johns, JobFinders, Joe Machens, Pancheros, Plaza Dental Group, and Shakespeare’s Pizza all have in common? All of them are investing in our future by investing in our youth, while at the same time receiving free labor. The City of Columbia’s Career Awareness Related Experience (CARE) program depends on partnerships with local businesses, such as these Chamber members, to provide work sites for the real-world hands-on work experience for its 14- to 20-year-old trainees; however, 100% of the trainees’ wages are paid by CARE. The youth trainees gain valuable employment experience and life skills while earning a paycheck. CARE is a win-win-win situation for the trainees, local businesses, and the Columbia community as a whole. For more information on how your company can MAKE A DIFFERENCE and GET FREE HELP THIS SUMMER, contact Ron Schmidt at [email protected] or (573) 874-6377.
- Boone County Government announces that a proclamation recognizing the importance of prioritizing and investing in children ages birth to three years and their families was presented by the Boone County Commission for the work being done through a partnership between Boone County and the Cradle to Career Alliance. By utilizing a grant provided by the National Association of Counties (NACo) and the Pritzker Children’s Initiative.
AWARDS, PROMOTIONS AND NEW HIRES
- Central Bank of Boone County has named Christine Orey assistant vice president, regional sales manager. In this role Orey is responsible for performance in sales, service and operations in the branches as well as providing leadership and support to branch managers.
- MACC would like to announce that Peggy Sanchegraw, Jeff Pavey, Kenneth Hill, Joelle Greenwood, Tianna Whitney, Eraste
Bishazi, Angela Echelmeyer, Karley Newson, Shaelyn Pagliaro, Leah Murphy all received Fall scholarships.
- Boone County Government recognized 10 employees who have served more than 20 years of service. They were Caryn Ginter, Leslie Canole, Marcus Kirkpatrick, Sheila Sublett, Joyce Madole, Bryan Boyce, David Critchfield, William Montgomery, Darren Kimbrel, Vicki Gilpin
- Voluntary Action Center announces that gifts again filled the first floor and hallways of Trinity Presbyterian Church. They were collected from numerous individuals, churches, businesses, and other organizations as part of
VoluntaryAction Center’s 35th annual Holiday Program.