- Boone County was selected by the national nonprofit, CSH, to participate in a new Social Innovation Fund (SIF) Pay for Success initiative that will focus on using criminal justice and homelessness data to ensure those leaving incarceration will successfully reintegrate into communities, thereby reducing recidivism and improving public safety.
- The Central Bank of Boone County Lobby Gallery, located inside the Downtown Bank at 8th and Broadway, features the works of Mzeona Iagorashvili through Wednesday, July 5. The Lobby Gallery is free and open to the public Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, 9 a.m. to noon. Iagorashvili is a fiber artist from Georgia. She started with oil paintings and drawings, but for the last five years, she has been creating art with wool. Iagorashvili has fallen in love with fiber art and has found creating artwork with fiber very relaxing.
- First Midwest Bank invites you on an amazing Hawaiian Island Cruise. Fly to Honolulu and enjoy an 8 day/ 7-night cruise on Norwegian Cruise Lines “Pride of Amer1ca!” You can download the flyer for more information here: First Midwest Bank Hawaiian Cruise.
- Harold’s Doughnuts has announced that they’re opening up a new location. Here is their statement:
“We’ve become fond of that phrase at Harold’s every time we post the “SOLD OUT” sign on our door. We’ve had a lot of “we’re gonna need a bigger boat” days recently (forever?), and we couldn’t be more thankful for your affection for our made-from-scratch doughnuts and incredible staff. The feeling is mutual, COMO!
So we’re getting a bigger boat! We’ve found the perfect place in Columbia to build our second store! But like in the movie ‘Jaws’, we’re going to add some drama as we’re not quite ready to reveal the specific location just yet…
We’ll make things Facebook official within the next three weeks leading up to National Doughnut Day on Friday, June 2nd!”
- The University of Missouri School of Health Professions is hosting a Career & Opportunities Fair on Tuesday, October 3, 2017, at Reynold’s Alumni Center from noon to 3 p.m.
- Boone County is announcing that citizens in Boone County are now able to call 311 to reach the dispatch center to report non-emergency police matters. The existing non-emergency line 573-442-6131 is still in service. This easy-to-remember number will help keep the 911-line open for emergencies. By implementing 311 we hope to shift non-emergency calls from 911 so that callers experiencing in-progress emergencies can receive priority service.
- The City of Columbia announced community of Columbia, along with local and state officials and business leaders, gathered on Thursday, May 4 for a groundbreaking ceremony for the new Aurora Organic Dairy milk processing facility in Columbia.
AWARDS, PROMOTIONS AND NEW HIRES
- Taija Segelhorst, VP at The Callaway Bank, has been promoted to Director of Retail Banking. In Taija’s new role, her primary responsibilities will be to work with each market leader to ensure our retail branches remain a strong part of our overall strategy. She will also work closely with support units like Risk Management, Marketing, Human Resources, Training and IT to ensure our retail branches have the support and tools needed to bring success.
- Central Bank of Boone County congratulates Lorry Myers on being named Citizen of the Year by the Centralia Chamber of Commerce. Lorry Myers manages the Centralia Bank and the Sturgeon Bank. Lorry was honored at the 30th Annual Centralia Chamber of Commerce Membership and Awards Dinner on Friday, May 5, 2017.
- Independent beer distribution company N.H. Scheppers Distributing Co. is pleased to announce that Jason Bradshaw has been recognized in the National Beer Wholesalers Association (NBWA) Employee Spotlight Program. Now an on-premise sales representative, Bradshaw has worked for N.H. Scheppers Distributing for eight years, having started in the warehouse and as a relief driver. America’s more than 3,000 independent beer distribution facilities employ 135,000 men and women in communities across the country. The NBWA Employee Spotlight Program highlights standout beer distribution employees and showcases their achievements.