- The City of Columbia would like for all Columbia residents to take a survey on values and attributes that are desired in Columbia’s next city manager. Responses will be accepted until Friday, March 15.
- Boone County, in conjunction with the National Weather Service and the State of Missouri, will be participating in the 2019 Statewide Tornado Drill on March 5 at 10 a.m. If there were to be severe weather anywhere in Missouri on that Tuesday, the drill will be moved to Thursday, March 7 at 10 a.m.; in the event of severe weather on Thursday the drill will be canceled and not rescheduled.
- The Boone County Office of Emergency Management in conjunction with the National Weather Service and the University of Missouri hosted a Storm Spotter training class. Those in attendance had the option of becoming trained weather spotters with the National Weather Service to help spot storms and keep their communities safe by providing timely and accurate reports of severe weather to the National Weather Service.
- Impact Signs Awnings Wraps, Inc. is excited to announce its newly formed partnership with the MIAA. Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association is one of the nation’s oldest athletic conferences, formed in 1912, and currently has 14 member schools. MIAA has gained the reputation of being one of the top NCAA Division II conferences in the nation. MIAA student-athletes have won 43 NCAA team championships and, since 1963, over 300 individual national titles.
- Boone County will celebrate its Bicentennial in 2020 and work is already underway to create a memorable experience for all citizens of Boone County. The Boone County Bicentennial Committee is asking for community input. The first community input session will be held in the community meeting room of the Southern Boone County Public Library, 109 N. Main St., Ashland, on February 16,
2019at 9 a.m. Bicentennial Committee member and Boone County Recorder of Deeds, Nora Dietzel, will help to facilitate the meeting.
- In response to market expansion and additions to product lines and services, Information Management & Securities, LLC, (dba IMS) has changed its name to Paper Free Office Solutions, launching a refreshed corporate website, and introducing an updated corporate identity.
- Marathon Building Environments President Greg Wolff, who founded the Columbia business in 1987, announced his retirement on January 28. Wolff sold his shares of the business to his partner, Frank Sovich, who has been with Marathon 15 years. He also sold the Marathon building at 1715 Paris Road to Sovich. Marathon Building Environments is now owned by Sovich and minority shareholder Patrick Marks.
- “The internet is like water to a technology company. If we don’t have it, we don’t survive!” These are the words of Sarah Hill, CEO of StoryUp makers of Healium, a biometrically-controlled therapeutic immersive media company in residency at the Missouri Innovation Center (MIC), a phase-one incubator in Columbia, Missouri that gives tech startups the tools and infrastructure to take their products and ideas to the next level. Quenching StoryUp’s thirst for internet capacity is Mediacom Business, a division of Mediacom Communications Corporation and the MIC’s ultra-fast fiber optic network provider. The Gigabit+ Fiber Solutions provide the 1-Gig internet capacity necessary to fuel the innovative technology ideas brewing at the MIC.
AWARDS, PROMOTIONS AND NEW HIRES
- Providence Bank is pleased to announce the promotion of Blake A. Monson,
CRCMtoHome Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) Officer. In his new role, Monson is responsible for quality assurance review of all HMDA-reportable transactions; provides support on all deposit operation compliance issues ; andoversees the Bank’s vendor management due diligence and annual review process.
- The Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care(AAAHC) has named CSA Surgical Center (CSASC) as a 2018-2019 Bernard A. Kershner Innovations in Quality Improvement Award finalist. A group of highly qualified general and vascular surgeons from Columbia Surgical Associates (CSA) who perform a broad scope of elective outpatient surgeries in Columbia, Missouri, CSASC will be recognized at the AAAHC Achieving Accreditation program on March 15, 2019, in Tampa, Florida.
- The Columbia Convention and Visitors Bureau and Columbia Hospitality Association presented Columbia’s 15th Annual Hospitality Star Night. Six were recognized: Star Performer of the Year: Wayne Johnson, The Broadway Doubletree; Rookie of the Year: Ashlee Morrison, The Drury Plaza Hotel; Rising Star of the Year: Jared Klarfeld, The Broadway Doubletree; Salesperson of the Year: Leah Stotts, The Drury Plaza Hotel; General Manager of the Year: Eric Lawson, The Courtyard by Marriott and Hospitality Partner of the Year: The True/False Film Fest