TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL RIBBON CUTTING
The Chamber Ambassadors are known as the “Welcoming Arm” of the Columbia Chamber of Commerce. They consist of a group of over 100 volunteers selected from the business community. These volunteers conduct complimentary groundbreakings or ribbon cutting ceremonies for any Chamber business grand opening, expansion, moving to a new location or joining the Chamber. The service includes a group of Ambassadors coming to your place of business or event, providing the official Ambassador ribbon, the use of the official large scissors and taking photographs at the event. For a brand new business, a First Dollar of Profit plaque is presented at the ceremony as well.
There is no charge for the Chamber Ambassadors’ ribbon cutting; it is a value added benefit of being a Chamber member. Our Ambassadors generally anticipate spending approximately 15-30 minutes at your event, so we suggest having take-away pieces about your company. The ribbon cutting you schedule is YOUR event and there are no set rules on what to do.
- Schedule your event at least two weeks in advance. Ribbon cuttings can be scheduled Monday-Friday from 7AM-6PM.
- Determine who will cut the ribbon. The owners, top managers or executives most frequently do the honors, but each business is different and can pick whomever they like.
- Determine who will be in the photo. Some business will take multiple photos at the event to include staff, guests, Ambassadors, etc.
- Plan out your remarks or a speech. This is usually done when everyone is gathered before the ribbon cutting. This is a great time to give a short “commercial” and share what it is you do and what sets you apart. The Chamber Ambassadors love hearing from businesses and they that share information with fellow Chamber members.
- Invite everyone you know! Invite clients, prospects, friends, family, business neighbors, associates, government officials, etc.
- Food and beverage is not required, but for open house events it can make a nice touch.
Or fill out your request below
All ribbon cutting requests will be reviewed and approved by the Ambassador Chair. The Chamber will noify you once the date is confirmed.
Request Ribbon Cutting
*Note: The Chamber will notify you once the date is confirmed.